Is preventative maintenance on your home really something you should be concerned about? The short answer is yes. We have checkups at the doctor to keep from getting sick, we have our cars maintained to prevent them from breaking down, so why not do the same for your house?
Simple preventative maintenance on your home and save you a lot of money and hassle in the long run. Many small things that are going wrong in your house could end up being a lot bigger later and turn into large repair projects. Also there are many things happening within your walls and around your foundation that is invisible to the average home owner.
Regular maintenance such as cutting the grass, cleaning the gutters, fixing a few odd and ends is generally the responsibility of the homeowner or landlord. There are some things the average homeowner would never see or even think to check, such as:
- cracks in the driveway, foundation,walls and tiles
- weather stripping on windows
- leaks in, under, and around the house
- cracks, discolorations, damage and signs of leaking on ceiling
- caulking around sinks and tubs
- loose carpeting and warped floors
- exposed wires, short circuits
- heating and cooling system
- water damage, missing shingles on roof
- evidence of mold
- test smoke detectors
The list goes on but the major things that should be addressed is plumbing, electrical work and walls and foundation. Kost Plumbing can help with any plumbing and handyman services you may need. Give us a call for a preventative home maintenance check today.