Japan has long ruled The Throne when it comes to state-of-the-art toilets. With all the bells and whistles, from bidets to butt buffers, they have turned a simple wee into A Bathroom Experience. Meanwhile, we have been using the same basic toilet design for…ever. Some would argue we’re long overdue for a toilet makeover. After living in Tokyo and using a heated seat in the middle of winter, there’s no going back.
Behold, the Smart toilet. America has arrived! Consider a Smart toilet for these eight great reasons:
- You’ll see a difference in your water consumption. Smart toilets sense how much water is needed and flush using just the right amount. The smaller flushes can use as little as 0.6 gallons per flush (GPF). A basic toilet that doesn't have smart flush technology uses around 1.6 - 2 gallons, so Smart toilets save quite a bit of water. In places like Florida and California, where water restrictions are standard, and freshwater is costly, this would be a huge benefit.
- No-touch flush! If you're germophobic, good news! The Smart toilet flushes without being touched due to a sensor. This is also ideal for family members who forget to flush.
- Overflow protection. Happy parents aren’t mopping up poopy floors. The Smart toilet stops us from flushing if the toilet is clogged, which keeps water levels in the bowl low.
- Eco-friendly. If you have a bidet and an air dryer, you don’t need as much toilet paper. That means you’re saving trees. And money. And you're gentle to your hemorrhoids.
- Cool Features! Heated seating! A massaging bidet and air dryer! Oh, yes…the bidet finally comes to America! Smart toilets also feature a nightlight, deodorizing, slow-closing lid, foot warmer, self-cleaning features, tank leak alert sensors, Bluetooth, and MP3 capability.
- Hygiene. Most Smart toilets are self-sanitizing. They’re also self-deodorizing. The automatic deodorization system should kick at the moment you sit on the toilet and stop after you get up from the seat. So, throughout your pooping session, the surrounding air is kept fresh and odorless. That’s so smart, right.
- Remote control. Guess what’s controlled on the remote? The seat. Whether you prefer the seat up or down, it’ll be ready for you when you get there! Everything is controlled on the remote, but pointing that lid thing out first seemed to be a priority.
- Size Matters! Are you working with a tiny space, or would you prefer an XXL size toilet? Either way, there's a Smart toilet for you!
Smart toilets can range in price, but the fully-loaded version comes with fantastic options that might even make the Japanese a little jealous. Don’t be too obsessed about finding the lowest price. The more significant aspects to consider are the service support and replacement parts. And you’ve got to understand that a typical plumber won’t have the expertise to service your broken toilet. You’ll need to go back to the manufacturer or the official distributor(s) for any service/support. So, bear these things in mind as you search for the perfect Smart toilet that will change your life and spoil you rotten.